don't postpone joy

Friday, October 21, 2005

On the Road Again...

I just came into a small sum of money. I SHOULD use it to pay some bill, but I'm going to take a trip. I have a couple ideas about places I'd like to go, but I'd like some suggestions.
I've never been to Denver and got an invite, so I'm going there in December.
I have 3K to work with, and I want to travel someplace out of this country. I'm not afraid to go anywhere, so that's not an issue. I'll eat just about anything, so that's not a barrier, either. It will have to be this summer, though...I don't want to be rushed.
I love mountains and beaches, hot and cold...history and the "feeling" of a place are factors, as well~
Wddyathink???

6 Comments:

At 21 October, 2005 10:12, Blogger Kurt said...

My daughter is in Spain (near Madrid) for this semester and loves it. She has said she is definitely going back. So far, she's been to Valencia, Toledo, Salamanca and will do Barcelona in a couple of weeks. Amsterdam was fun she said, and Prague is in two weeks. I've known a couple people that went to Czech/Hungery and loved it. Of course, Greece will have history and the Olympics next summer...
I think I'd like to see Sweden and Finland in June. Daylight for like 20 hours...

 
At 21 October, 2005 12:26, Blogger tom said...

What about Argentina? You will be tired of summer....so go there and see history and beauty of Buenos Aires. Europe is very cool, but so cliche. Who goes to Argentina? It is like Europe, but it is not. It has history and culture...and from what i hear, it certainly has a "feel". Agentine men are cute as well...so maybe you can get that "feel" working.

 
At 21 October, 2005 14:10, Blogger Jim Cooper said...

Everyone seems to be talking about Spain and Portugal (southern coasts)

How about Austrailia? - Although I guess next summer would be winter for them.

My son just got back from a two and a half week tour of Amsterdam - Vienna - Munich - Prague - Paris - London. Did the whole trip by Eurorail and spent less than 2K. Now you're not going to get 4-star hotels at that number, maybe not even 2-star but it will be an adventure.

Me - I'd wait 'till next winter and hit St. John's.

 
At 24 October, 2005 09:07, Blogger Unknown said...

omg mel..you hit the nail on the head sweet woman..i got just the place of course..

3k..is that just for the plane fare or the whole trip dear?

 
At 24 October, 2005 09:10, Blogger Unknown said...

The coast of Oregon is devine.Spain is fantastic..U got plenty of time to figure it out..Budapest is to die for..The Danube is a beautiful river, most of the folks speak english for some reason in Budapest..

 
At 05 November, 2005 17:58, Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home